Monday, May 19, 2014

Or, Don't Read the Zibbet Forums, Owners Jonathan Peacock and Pastor Andrew Gray Close the Doors

Zibbet makes me sad
In my last post (again, I thought my last one on this subject) I invited anyone thinking of selling handmade or vintage or supplies at Zibbet to read their forums, in addition to googling and reading about the experience of others who have given it a try.

But last night, the Zibbet forums doors were closed by the owners, Jonathan Peacock and Andrew Gray.  Apparently, some observations about how the owners of Zibbet made their money from unsuspecting newbies were not appreciated.  So instead of answering the questions and comments, Peacock and Gray just put a padlock on the door. 

And they won't open it for anyone whom they have suspended.  Which is anyone who's questioned how the money we gave them is being spent, why the services we paid for weren't provided, and why the traffic and sales are just SO BAD.  Or anyone they just don't like, apparently, even people who have never posted in their forums!

So if you wanted to check out the Zibbet forums, you are out of luck unless you're willing to sign up to read them.  But really, why bother?  Does a "say only nicey-nice things about this site you invested in, or else you aren't allowed to READ, much less POST" forum really provide any data for you to use?  Uh, no.  And what's particularly sad is that there isn't much nicey-nice to read either.  Hours and hours pass with nary a peep except for self promotions ("I need to pay my bills, buy from me") and ("Show me your pink items and I'll show you mine"), which somehow passes as professional marketing in Zibbet land now.  Unless someone asks a real question, then a flurry of comments before the post is closed by the owners and the questioner quickly muted and denied access to even read.  No real discussion allowed!!!

So, no worries! I take back my earlier advice to visit them.  Don't even bother with the Zibbet forums, they are officially useless.  There's plenty of info, real analysis, real facts, including screen shots, all over the internet.  Again, I'd invite you to read this blog from the bottom up.  Do a search in the Etsy forums, where the Zibbet BoyZ can't zip up lips they don't like.  Take a peek at Twitter.  There's lots of info out there on Zibbet, you don't have to have a secret password and pledge of undying love and loyalty to find it!  And then decide if your time and money are worth it.  Robin

6 comments:

  1. I have removed all of the comments to this post since none of them were relevant to this post. I had hoped that the person who came here several times to post attacks and threats would apologize. I removed her unfortunate posts and those responding to them. We are all in the business of selling online and whether that person realizes it or not, her own words harm her more than anyone else ever could. I hope this is the last incident where she lashes out in a self-destructive way toward anyone, for her sake.

    MANY people were and are hurt financially and in other ways by the actions of Zibbet owners and some of their "inner circle". We can never recover the money, time or enthusiasm that was crushed out for reasons that are impossible to decipher. However, moving on doesn't mean you can erase the past or twist the facts. Again, I hope anyone considering investing time or money into Zibbet will read the posts about it from the bottom up and consider it as part of the decision making process. And google and read other blogs. I wish I had this kind of information before I squandered time and money on it!

    And now, although I have no doubt that for as long as the owners are finding new sellers to invest in Zibbet shops, that there will be outrageous and strange goings-on, I HOPE to just ignore them. Because I'm moving onto a new and exciting phase of my life and Zibbet has absolutely nothing to do with it! (And sadly...would have).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many people have asked me how to make sure they don't get charged an extra year they don't want at Zibbet. To be absolutely sure, not only should you close your shop or downgrade it at Zibbet, but go to paypal and follow these steps:

    Here is how to cancel an automatic payment on paypal for Zibbet

    1.Log in to your PayPal account.
    2.Click Profile at the top of the page.
    3.Click My Money, then click Update beside My preapproved payments to find your payment.
    4.Select the payment, and then click Cancel. And don't forget they are on a different time zone than the US, so give yourself a few days extra. You can cancel today and it won't change anything until the year (or month) expires.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday Zibbet crashed. Was down for hours. Nobody at Zibbet had a clue. For hours. Now every site crashes on occasion...but the last to realize it is not usually the owners! Absolutely no safeguards in place to jump on a site crash and resolve it quickly. Have to wait til the part time owners get around to checking their emails in the morning to find out the site WE PAID FOR is not working. I knew before they did, and I can't even access their forums anymore. Is that too strange?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad to see the momentum shttp://t.co/8pCwzo26iPo many of us brought last fall has been squandered. Check out this on its value now:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I was just being paranoid about Zibbet. Now I am fairly sure it's just a scam. When I dared to mention on my blog that Zibbet had some real SEO problems, and that the whole website was pretty dated and didn't work too welll I could hardly believe the amount of rather aggressive pro-zibbet comments (when I hardly ever comments on my blog).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very aggressive, Dina. In fact, lately on the Zibbet forums, we whistleblowers were compared to workplace mass murders and called "bad humans". Owners encourage that type of response. There's something very disquieting about that kind of obedience. One blogged that she would raise no questions, the Zibbet owners were "in authority" so she had to trust them. ???? It's about selling, not...some religious thing.

    ReplyDelete