Friday, August 15, 2014

Disturbingly Affectionate Email from Zibbet CEO Jonathan Peacock.

Zibbet makes me sad
Anyone else receive this disturbingly affectionate email from Zibbet CEO Jonathan Peacock?  (Posted in its entirety below).  I paid rent to this guy to host e-commerce shops and get a totally unprofessional and overly familiar email in place of the services I paid for.  Including thanking me for my LOVE and patience.   And he "loves" me back 5 times in this short email.  Eww.

Are we supposed to be so bowled over by how much he loves us that we're going to overlook the fact that his site has NEVER worked well, works even worse in his relaunch, yet he's keeping everyone's money?

This cloyingly sweet "business" message is disturbing on another level...his attempt to get business people to reveal lots of personal information on his site.  My FAMILY?  You want to know about my FAMILY?  What does that have to do with my selling a vintage teacup?  

You want to know where I live???  (Hmm....I've been threatened to be arrested for tweeting about Zibbet by someone who claimed to be in daily telephone conversations with Zibbet owners.)    

You want to know where else you can find me online?   ICK.  The Zibbet owners have already revealed that they scour the internet for "bad" posts made by its sellers as data on who to approve or not approve for access to its closed forums.  Whatever else do you want that info for?

Some have suggested that the hopelessly desperate for affection folks will fall for this "Jonny come's a-courtin" email and reveal personal information that can be sold.  With this guy, it's hard to know.  I recently learned about his Dinars for Dollars scheme, he lures people into buying premium shops on Zibbet knowing he wasn't providing the services he sold us yet refusing to refund the money, who knows?

Now I know Jonathan's "regulars" are going to claim I am misinterpreting his intent here.  But truly, WHAT IS THE INTENT?  He still misrepresents how malfuntioning Zibbet is.  The "nasty bugs" are the giant chasms of gaps in basic programming that still makes search unusable.  It's not fixed as of the date of this blog post.  That's a lie.  They DIDN'T EVEN PROGRAM for search to recognized plurals and didn't fix it til he read about it on social media!  The whole tone is a disturbing blend of a faraway lover and a teacher getting the pre-schoolers to sit up straight by saying "My how straight you all are sitting!" And to SHUT YOU UP.  And honestly, what did the half-baked relaunch do for you as a seller?  He ADMITTED the search was bad, any buyers who do wander into Zibbet can't even find YOUR ITEMS, yet you are supposed to be contented by fake lovin'?  Aren't we smarter than that?  

But bottom, line, it reeks of insincerity and fakey fake.  Jonathan Peacock, if you or your pal Andrew Gray want to show me your love, refund my money.  That's the PROFESSIONAL thing to do.  If you are finding this blog post like lots do via google, you might want to read this blog from the bottom up.  But grab a cup of tea from that vintage teacup first because it's full of info, all of which is documented.



Pleased to meet you!

We hope that you've enjoyed getting to know the new Zibbet. We're amazed at how well you've embraced such a big change. Finding your way around a totally new layout isn't easy! Thanks for all the love you've given us over social media or via email. It makes our day!! And, thanks for your patience as we've worked to fix some nasty bugs - kudos to the Zibbet team for working late nights and weekends until these were fixed. So proud of our small, but mighty team!
It's great to see your shops being updated with a big, beautiful banner (new size = 1048x200px). I love seeing each shop's individual creativity being reflected through their banners.
GETTING TO KNOW YOU
My favorite page in the new Zibbet, without a doubt, is the new Meet the Seller page. I love getting to know you better by reading your stories, looking at your photos (your workspace, where you live, your family etc), and seeing where else I can find you online.
Part of Zibbet's appeal, from a shoppers perspective, is that they are supporting and buying directly from an independent seller. It makes it all the more special when they can "meet" you and even connect with you online (Facebook, Twitter etc). It's all about building a personal connection. That's why we don't allow drop shipping or outsourcing your creative process to manufacturers. It loses that personal touch, and that's just not what Zibbet's about.
If you haven't already, make sure you spend some time creating your new Meet the Seller page.
HERE'S 4 GREAT EXAMPLES TO DRAW INSPIRATION FROM
  1. Kf Gifted Hands from Gloucester, United Kingdom.
  2. ZiL Vintage from Texas, United States.
  3. The Vintage Teacup from Florida, United States.
  4. Unlimited Party Themes from California, United States.
You can create your Meet the Seller page from your shop admin panel. Go to "Shop Front" (in left navigation) and it's the second tab on this page.
P.S. Stay tuned for a big announcement coming soon!
Clue? S _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ // _ _ _ S _ _ _ S. Tweet us with a letter guess and we'll reveal the most requested letter on Monday via @Zibbet!


Jonathan and the Zibbet Team
From the team at Zibbet. Lovingly crafted "Down Under" in Australia (G'day!)
Have a question or want to say hello? We'd love to hear from you.
Tweet us @zibbet or hit reply!

4 comments:

  1. Ewww is right! I was taken off of their forums and have no idea why...it's really disturbing how their site is being run.....or rather, not run, at least not effectively.
    As I always say, best of luck to anyone who decides to hitch their wagon to this team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even get into my old shop and not even gonna bother to try anymore. I'm much happier on my own. I decide how I want it to look and feel!!
    I was kicked out of the 'private' FB group for 'inappropiate behavior' that I don't even know what that was about ..nor do I care anymore. It is hard right now but I'm not losing any sales by not being on there. Never did get a love letter either ... OH WELL ...LMAO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unbelievable, I just read that they relaunched the site before they coordinated with paypal for sales. Really! Jonathan Peacock admits it!

    "Permalink Reply by Jonathan Peacock (Zibbet's CEO) 21 minutes ago
    This issue will be fixed early this week: support.zibbet.com/knowledgebase/articles/402405-relaunch-is...

    Apologies for the continued inconvenience. We've pretty much built this, but waiting for confirmation from PayPal on something before we can take it live."
    -----
    Again, connecting buyers and sellers was not the top priority in the relaunch, hiding verifiable information that proves how badly it works for sellers was. I want a refund.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone just pointed out that when a seller inputs the address, they negate their sellers' protection under Paypal policies. So every Zibbet seller is in danger of being scammed....

    ReplyDelete